Sunday 12 September 2010

Turn off the Computer!

Usually I spend a lot of time on the internet......far too much time......but for the last 3 days my computer has hardly been on.....so apologies for lack of commenting....though I have been catching up on blogs this evening.
We spent one day in London.
We spent a morning in town.......and the afternoon entertaining MIL......who sadly fell over last week and broke her arm.......her right arm,of course......which means she's very limited in what she can do.
We saw our grandaughter.
We went to a boot sale.......and to the Ashford Outlet Centre.......I even bought some christmas presents!
I started reading a book........I couldn't put it down.......sometimes it's great just to lose yourself in a thriller. 
Over the last few days I've learned.....
1. I really miss living in London.......even though I love living by the sea.
2. The London Underground is extremely expensive [unless you have an Oyster 
card].....£4 to travel 3 stops [2 miles].......but you can buy a rail ticket from London to Leeds [135 miles] for £10......now that really is crazy.
3. Madame Tussauds is a great place to spend an afternoon.
4. Nandos is DD2's favourite eatery.......but I wouldn't want to eat there too often!!
5. Having a broken arm when you're 85 is definately no fun.
6. DS could still sleep through World War 3
7. The NHS do not give enough help and support to new, young mums these days.
8. I really,really hate queueing.

20 comments:

humel said...

Good to hear from you, and good to see the gorgeous photos! :-)

I'm going to follow your instruction now though lol - need an early night, so I am indeed going to turn off the computer xx

JO SOWERBY said...

if your DIL wants any help and advise u can ask me. I am always full of useless info for new parents.
Jo xxxx

Jane said...

i know what you mean about the NHS....you get booted out up here 3 hours after having your baby!

x

Cherry said...

Totally agree Jacky and have been taking time out too. :Love seeing your photos of your great weekend. GD looks gorgeous - it is hard on young first timers I agree. Enjoy your cuddles and computer free time. Hugs Cherry XXX

Kathyk said...

I agree with number 5, my OH coudl number 6 and I DEFINITELY agree with number 8!!!

WEll done on switching off your PC more - ours is only ever switched off if we're going away!!

Lovely piccies again btw - doesn't grandpa looked chuffed to bts?

Kathyk

Scrappi Sandi said...

Don't apologise for spending quality time with your family! But it is great to see your fab photo's & hear what you've been up to! I was stunned too, on our recent stay in London, at how expensive the underground is now, I'm sure it wasn't always so!!

Tracy said...

You always put fab photos on your blog, Grandad looks very proud and daddy looks shattered Lol!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Amy said...

My goodness .. look at the smile on Grandpa's face! Jacky you have had a great weekend - the downtime is often needed!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Now that is one happy grandpa! xo

Blondee said...

Look at the marvelous cheeks on that baby! I feel baby rabies coming on....

Maria Ontiveros said...

Ahhhh, so sweet! Love babies!
Rinda

Sarpreet said...

She is gorgeous, i hope your MIL gets well soon

Margi said...

Your baby is so beautiful and I certainly hope your MIL heals quickly,,,that would so stink to have one arm not useable.
I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan (OK, probably stalker is more like it LOL) so that pic really made me perk up!

Christina said...

ohhh such a wonderfull picture!
Hugs Kristel

Liberty :) said...

ahh what a sweetheart!! (the baby of course!)

Anonymous said...

What heartwarming pictures! Your DH looks so happy.. and the photo of baby and daddy is one to treasure too (and scrap maybe?). I love the similarity in hairlines between baby and dad!

Sian said...

You honestly don't need to apologise - you have your priorities absolutely right. Who wouldn't want to spend time enjoying that beautiful baby? I couldn't agree more about the lack of support - I was very shocked by the difference between when I had my first 15 years ago, and when my sister had hers last year. Made me quite cross.

Your photos are gorgeous.

Rhona said...

What a lovely post and beautiful photos :o) So glad you're enjoying time with your family.
I think what got me was that new mums now only get one anti natal class and have to cram everything we used to learn over 6 weeks into one 3 hour session! That was where we made friends who would have babies at the same time and be able to compare notes - never mind finding out what to expect and do. It is sad! I dare say we'll find out about the after care, or lack of it, in a couple of months time.

Rachel Brett said...

Wow that's a lot of things learnt Jackey. Your granddaughter is a cutie, they are lovely piccys :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos of the new little one. I love both of them, but dad and the little one asleep is especially precious!