Tuesday 14 September 2010

Bringing back Memories

The birth of DS's daughter has brought back memories of his childhood.........looking through photos......and remembering........some incidents that bring a smile now....but weren't so funny when they happened.....like the time he cut his own hair.......while I was in hospital having his sister.......a bit of a statement perhaps!!!!!
I used papers from a kit that had been sitting around for ever.......and The Scrap Addicts September sketch over on Craftbubble.     
Today I learned
1. You can lose hours looking back at precious memories.
2. It's much more fun scrapbooking with a friend.
3. Scrapping and chatting are a perfect combination.
4. Shopping at Morrisons is much more pleasant first thing in the morning.......and only 2  people in front of me at the checkout!
5. My habit of working to deadlines......can sometimes work in my favour....when one of my courses gets cancelled at short notice.....at least I haven't spent hours on the prep!!!
6. Cut backs are 'cutting back' on so many courses......I need to look for another job "sigh".
7. It's really exciting when something good happens to a friend......even when they're a friend you've never met.
8. It's lovely to get a little package all the way from the USA......containing the gorgeous tags you won in Elle's Studio giveaway.

19 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely tags - well done you. Not quite such a lovely haircut - bet DS cringes to look at the photo!! FAB layout though Jacky, really nice co-ordination.

you're not wrong about scrapbooking with a friend, nor about losing yourself for hours in nostalgia when looking at old piccies - I've lost quite a bit of time recently with my own vintage photofest!!!

Kathyk

Christina said...

Love the LO Jacky! Really colourfull and sweet!
Hugs Kristel

humel said...

Fabby prize - congratulations! Love your layout too lol :-)

I'm sorry to hear about your course being cut though xx

Sian said...

Ooh, pretty tags!

We've both been looking back fondly at our boys today then :) (Tho' obviously I'm not looking for mine to become a dad any time soon lol) I love your layout Jacky!

humel said...

PS #7 - was that about me? If so, thank you so much!! xx

scrappyjacky said...

Yes...it was,Mel!!!!

Blondee said...

Wow, your son looked like your 'Mini me' when he was little! How adorable!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

How fun that you won those cute tags! And I love the layout and story of your son cutting his own hair. I have a friend whose 6 year old son shaved off one of his eyebrows the night before school pictures were to be taken. Ha! :o)

Cherry said...

Great pics of DS - a definite moment to capture!

What a lovely prize too - enjoy playing.

It was only time before those cuts started on important services - so sorry it involves you.

Hugs Cherry XXX

Mary B said...

Isn't it lovely to look back and remember things like that, good job hair grows quite quickly isn't it.

SallyB said...

Hi Jacky...
Just caught up with some of your posts...What an exciting few days you have had...Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!! So sweet! I feel some scrapbooking pages coming on!
Trip to London looks good...You never know my hubby may have been driving you up there....I like all the 'learning' quotes..very funny.
Job is still going well. Very busy making lots of visuals to put up...Classroom monitors, Reading Charts, The Victorians etc. Check back in later!

SallyB said...

Hi Jacky...
Just caught up with some of your posts...What an exciting few days you have had...Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter!! So sweet! I feel some scrapbooking pages coming on!
Trip to London looks good...You never know my hubby may have been driving you up there....I like all the 'learning' quotes..very funny.
Job is still going well. Very busy making lots of visuals to put up...Classroom monitors, Reading Charts, The Victorians etc. Check back in later!

pinky said...

Love the layout. Funny you should mention about scrapbooking with a friend. I always find old photos sad when I'm on my own!!
Pinky

Amy said...

I love that layout Jacky - I might have done the same thing at one stage in my life!
Urghhhh, the job situation sounds like a pain - good luck. Happy mail is a great thing, I've just read that I have some coming to me soon ... exciting!

Cheri said...

Memory Lane is a really good place to kill a few hours. Isn't reminiscing fun? Bet DS would die if he knew all your blog followers were seeing that pic!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great l/o - perfect colors and subtle patterns.
Rinda

alexa said...

Love that photo of the haircut - asymmetry is very fashionable these days! Lovely to record things like this ...

Rachel Brett said...

Oh bless him! What a great photo. Congrats on the Elle's studio stash- looks yummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Good lessons learned. I love the lists you and Mel are doing.