Saturday 11 September 2010

Day Trip to London

Yesterday we went to London......exchanged Tesco vouchers for tickets to Madame Tussauds and the London Dungeon.......bought groupsave train tickets.......hopped on the train......and off we went!
Trains are great for........chatting,laughing and giggling together......and watching the sights. 
I love coming into London on a Southeastern train.......crossing the Thames.....and seeing some of the city's famous landmarks before you even arrive......even if it is well nigh impossible taking photos on a moving train......and through filthy windows.
Love this one of OH....with the London Eye just visible through the window.
The London Eye in all it's glory.
Big Ben framed!
The hustle and bustle of Covent Garden.........which is where OH and I went ....while the DDs went to the Dungeons.
All Covent Garden's wonderful craft stalls
And outdoor entertainment.
Meet the girls......a brief stop for lunch and then onto Madame Tussauds.......to meet the rich and famous

Who better to start with than Johnny Depp!!!
Or perhaps Marilyn Monroe???
Or even Lewis Hamilton!
You might want to become an Olympic torch bearer
Or just gaze up at something that catches your eye??!!
But whatever we did....we had a great day out....and returned home exhausted......or OH and I did.......DD2 was off to a party.

15 comments:

humel said...

I love Covent Garden!! :-) But I've never been to Madame Tussaud's - a couple of times we've planned a trip, but something's always come up to scupper the plan! Glad you had a good time xx

pinky said...

Looks like you have had a great family day out Jacky, aren't you lucky to go to London on the train. remember doing it years ago when I stayed with my brother in Croydon.
Pinky

Tracy said...

It looks like you had a whale of a time. I have been to london when I was a kid bu tnever saw Covent gardens, but really looks wonderful.. But I have done Madame Tussauds, what an experience, fab.
Your photo's are really great you know.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all Jackie. Lx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Really cute photos, Jacky. Looks like a great time!!!

Kathyk said...

Betcha wish that Johnny Depp had been real!!! great pix, looks like a fun day for all - I'm sure I feel a scrap layout coming on????

Kathyk

Scrappi Sandi said...

Was the Johny Depp lookalike, dressed as Capt Jack Sparrow, in Covent Garden when you were there? He was fabulous!!!

I agree on the train too...we come in from the North so not quite so many landmarks, but at least there's more chance to talk face to face!!

Glad you had a good day out!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great day out! I do love the pix of your OH.
Rinda

Amy said...

I love the shot of OH and the Eye! A great day out, and those markets look fabulous Jacky!

Blondee said...

Thank you for sharing! You captured some womderful elements of your day that gave me an amazing glimpse into the 'hustle and bustle'. Love the Eye, and the one with Johnny Depp, even if it was just wax! lol

Have a wonderful day. :)

Sian said...

Madame Tussauds is supposed to be really expensive, so doing it with Tesco vouchers sounds like a brilliant idea. Looks like a very successful day out indeed :)

Elizabeth said...

The craft stalls look like a lot of fun. I didn't realize you could actually touch and stand beside the models at Madame Tussauds.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day out.. how lovely that you can still have a family trip when your daughters are all grown up! I'm sure I'd have been exhausted after all you did too.. :)

Rachel Brett said...

Looks like you had a great day out, we are fans of changin tesco vouchers too. We are saving them up for something big at the moment. :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed all these photos of your trip to London. I was there 40 years ago and we made a trip to Madame Tussauds but I don't think Johnny Depp was there! :-)