Monday 10 August 2009

Some lovely awards




I've received some lovely awards from other lovely bloggers since I've been blogging.....I always really appreciate them.....and always leave a thank you message......BUT I have to shamefacedly admit I'm not always very good at posting about them......find it hard enough to keep up with my crafty posts!! But in the last few days have been left 3 awards.....so was determined to get them on my blog!!!!!!
Soooooo.......this lovely Circle of Friends award was left by SallyB and Cherry.
And Cherry asked for 5 things I like.

1.That's easy........crafting....cards and scrapbooking....some altered art.....some quilting and cross stitch.....and occasional canvas work and knitting.
2.Gardens and gardening....spend hours in my garden....love everything apart from digging.....but as OH is a driver,I can tell him he needs the exercise at weekends!!!
3.The beach and sea....and anything connected......luckily I live on the coast....and even usually holiday by the beach
4.Craft browsing and shopping....almost love craft shopping as much as crafting!!!! When in Florida the rest of my group left me in Jo-Ann's for 3 hours and I still wasn't ready when they came back!!!
5.Food.....which I would prefer not to love......but love both cooking and eating.




Then I was left this one by Lynne.......which is also a Circle of Friends award.





And then this one left by Jane.
Now both SallyB and Jane asked for 5 interesting facts about me.......not easy......especially after reading Sally's ones.....now she has led an interesting life.....go and check it out on her blog!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm.......not really sure that these are very interesting,but here goes.
1.Sadly I have to admit I'm old enough to have been at The Rolling Stones first free concert in Hyde Park in 1969 and met Mick Jagger.
2.I was in a plane that made a crash landing at Palma Airport and have been terrified of flying ever since.....but refuse to let it stop me going to places I want to see.
3.I've been a teacher forever.....many years in primary schools....and last few years part-time in adult education teaching on a wide variety of courses for parents.
4.All 3 of my children weighed over 10lbs at birth.....the heaviest 12lbs 6oz......he is now 6ft 2.....and skinny as a bean pole!!!
5.I love the water....sea,lakes,rivers,swimming pool.....but my swimming is so poor I'd definately drown if a boat capsized....and my ability to 'float' is non-existent!!!
Phewwww.....finished....for a very long time I think.....thanks again ladies for any awards left for me.....always greatly appreciated.....even if not posted about.
I find it impossible to decide who amongst all my lovely blogger friends to pass them on to.....most of you probably already have them.....but if you haven't got any of them.....please help yourself.....if you've got to the bottom of this epistle....you certainly deserve one!!!!


1 comment:

SallyB said...

Well done Jacky...
Now what's all this about not leading an interesting life. Mick Jagger!!! Once you put all the little bits down in black and white they make an interesting read, don't they. Your favourite things to do are the same as mine!!