Thursday 9 October 2014

Starting on Christmas

Last weekend was World Cardmaking Day.....which reminded me that I haven't made many cards this year.....and I haven't made any christmas cards.....it may seem to you that it's a bit early to think of christmas......and I'd quite agree when it comes to seeing all the christmas stuff in the shops.....but for making cards.....not so early really when you have a lot to make.
Last year I joined in with Sarah's '6 on the 6th' card challenges....and found making 6 cards with limited supplies a really quick and easy way to build up a stash of them....so I'm going with that idea again.
In January I bought a box of christmas cards for 50p....yep-bought cards....and I may even send some of them as they are......but I loved the vintage pictures on them....and thought they'd be perfect for 'altering'.
So here's the first three.
I got out a few supplies from my stash.....Dovecraft's Cozy Christmas papers....DCWV burlap paper....Fancy Pants embellishments.....some ribbon, gems,brads and wooden shapes.
I used some tissue on the first one.....but didn't really like the effect....so that then got put away.
And I stuck with using the rest for all the cards.
I really do love those vintage christmas images.

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

SIX on the 6th - that was a busy day then! FAB makes from you, Jacky, but I ALWAYS love your layering!

Kathyk

Sandra said...

They're absolutely gorgeous

Sian said...

I love the idea of taking bought cards and turning them into something a whole lot more special. That's inspired.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a great idea. The vintage images look brilliant layered up. I've given my class projects a bit of festive flavour this month, but I'm not ready to embrace the 'C' word just yet.

Jane said...

love the vintage images, must start making some soon.

Alison said...

Great idea Jacky...and as ever your layering is just inspiring!
Alison xx

alexa said...

The red and white with the kraft colour is such a great choice - and I would think you are WELL ahead!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Your cards are beautiful Jacky....I love the vintage images too :-)
Hope you have a lovely Sunday,
Susan x

Karen said...

I've never thought to use some purchased cards as a base for a handmade one, but it's a brilliant idea! Love those vintage photos, too!

Melissa said...

These are fabulous Jacky! I have some card fronts I've saved over the years & might just have to pull those out and get cranking on the rest of my Christmas cards soon.