Saturday 18 August 2012

Clean and Simple.....the inky version!

If you visit my blog regularly....you'll know that my cards are usually stamped....and coloured....and layered....and embellished.....I love making them.....but it has to be admitted.....they are not quick to make!!
I don't mind this......I like to take time making a card for someone......but when it comes to christmas.......I need a lot of cards....and I don't know how it got to be August.......with none made.
Add to that......the criminal increase in UK postal charges......and it seemed like some 'clean and simple' cards needed making......or should that be 'quick and simple'......because clean doesn't really apply to the inky fingers generated by these ones!!
One of my favourite cardmaking blogs is Debby's.......she makes the most wonderful layered cards......but also CAS ones.....and the idea for this series came directly from one of hers here.....I don't have the stamp she used......but one pretty similar.
The card was made by repeat stamping the trees.......and then distress inking......before adding a snowy border......and some fine glitter on the tree tops.....but I'm not very happy with it......I wanted to stamp the sentiment directly onto the card....but couldn't get it straight.....and don't like the effect of the 'stuck on' sentiment......so on to attempt two.
No added snow border........and a far easier to use sentiment stamp........liked it....so decided to try them in blue.
 One with a snowy border
 one with glittery snow
and one without either......and you may notice....that one has been stamped on a textured card......I really like the effect of that.
And were they 'quick and simple'........yes they were.....I made all of these in less time than it would normally take me to make one card......I think there may be some more 'on the cards'!!!!
What do you think?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are all stunning and like you, I prefer the stamped sentiment.

Elizabeth said...

It looks like a tiny forest by doing the repeat stampings. I really like that effect.

Beverly said...

These are beautiful! I absolutely agree about the sentiment but love the purple in that one.

Kathyk said...

They're all fabulous - you know how much I LOVE CAS! I also love purple so I love the sky colouring on the first too and the cute font of the "winter wishes" - a success, Jacky. Great for batch making too

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Margi said...

Love them all Jacky!

Jane said...

really love this design

Maria Ontiveros said...

They are fantastic - not sure how "simple" they are! They're about as fancy as I ever get.
Rinda

Clare Lloyd said...

They are all famous jacky, I love the scenes you have created. X

Clare Lloyd said...

Oh the joys of the iPad, that should have read FABULOUS!

Anonymous said...

They are lovely! I've never tried stamping - I will one day after inspiration such as this. I think I made need to move in that direction more after having to fork out for large letter stamps for layered cards that were too thick for normal stamps.

Gem's Crafts said...

Those cards are gorgeous, I'm sure anyone you send them to will love them!

Alison said...

These don't seem at all simple to me Jacky- they are so pretty!
Alison xx

Amy said...

Oh WOW! THese cards are sensational and I can understand how they are a break away in design for you Jacky .... but, this would be a majorly complicated project for me! I think they are stunning - well done, this design is going to make your Christmas preparation a lot easier!

Sian said...

Javky - the stamping is stunning! These cards are going to be real winners with whoever is lucky enough to receive one this December

Becky said...

They are absolutely stunning!

Ginger said...

Stunning Jacky! They are all very pretty.

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Jacky these are brilliant and beautiful and they certainly the way to go this Christmas.
luv
Debby

Melissa said...

These are great - I like the idea of stamping the tree multiple times! Very nice!