Friday 30 March 2012

Cushion love......a monthly make for March

I love cushions.......I love them on sofas,armchairs and beds......I love the look of them.......the variety of them.......the way they can change the look of a room........the softness of them.......and because I am......ahem......slightly vertically challenged.....I find the sofa much more comfy with cushions behind me.
But OH does not love cushions......not at all.....he tends to throw them over the back of the sofa......which is why we always sit on our own sides of the sofa.......me with my cushions.....and him without them.
So I've decided to focus my cushion love on the conservatory. OH rarely sits out there.....but during the Spring and Summer I love it there......I often eat my breakfast and lunch there.....I sometimes sit and read......I sometimes sit and sew or knit......I sometimes just sit and enjoy the garden.
So my monthly make for March is a knitted cushion......with a little bit of applique and chain stitch.......for the conservatory.     
And all buttoned up on the back.......just scraping in for the 'Monthly Make' March deadline!!!!

18 comments:

Alison said...

Beautiful Jackie! A perfect colour for a conservatory....
Alison xx

Margi said...

absolutely love the cushion and the colors are perfection!

Amy said...

My goodness you are very talented Jacky, these are fabulous! I love the colour too - very fresh and spring like.

Sian said...

That's beautiful! Yes, I'm not very tall and a couple of cushions are always good

Cheri said...

It's absolutely adorable Jacky! A couple of these would go perfectly on the love seat in my sun room!

Beverly said...

I love this, Jacky, I love the color, I love the daisies, the button back and that it is knitted. I bet it's going to bring a smile to your face every time you walk into the conservatory :)

CraftyC said...

Wow Jacky, this is gorgeous and I just love the colour. A beautiful creation
Clairexx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love that color green! It is so springy! WE love cushions ourselves.
rinda

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. What a gorgeous colour and I really like the applique flowers.

Rhona said...

I also like at least one cushion behind me when I sit on the sofa :) and this one is truly beautiful! Just my kind of cushion :) xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I love the colour of your cushion Jacky. My husband is a cushion hater too!
Fiona x

pinky said...

This is so fresh and gorgeous and love your appliqué! Will definitely be going to Ikea:)

Sandra said...

How beautiful, men just don't get cushions at all, do they.

Karen said...

This is just beautiful and perfect for a spring and summer retreat!

Denise said...

Gorgeous Jacky,we are the same here, I love mine and himself doesn't!

Ginger said...

i love cushions too! I'm probably due for a few new ones! Love the green one here with the bit of blue and yellow :) you are very talented Jacky!

Unknown said...

Wow Jacky this is gorgeous, love your cushion with those flowers.... it's really worth the time it must have taken you because it's really beautiful.. Hugs xx

Lilian said...

That is lovely Jackie. Huga lilian