Wednesday 7 December 2011

Countdown to Christmas 7- JYC- christmas cards

Anyone who visits my blog will know how much I love making cards.....and I REALLY love making christmas cards.....I love sending them.....and actually should have made a few more this year.
So my JYC page in response to Shimelle's prompt has a card slipped in next to it.......I do this in the album each year.......it might be interesting to look back at the different styles in years to come!!!!
The page itself has some christmas card verses added and some 'postal stamps' stamped on.
I loved Amy's page here.......and her journaling about the meaning of sending christmas cards.......and the connections they solidify.......my feelings about them are very similar.
Thanks to all for the numbering suggestions.......and I've decided to date the pages that are about a particular event.....and the more 'generally christmasy' ones......like this page....won't be numbered at all.

12 comments:

Amy said...

I really love the idea of adding in one of your cards to the album, you'll love looking back on those for sure.

Today I went through all of my cards from last year and I love that they all tell their own story and in some way impart a little of the recipient.

Stephanie said...

I love the traditional, vintage style - what a great way capturing the design of a certain year, great idea :) x

Jane said...

I always keep the handmade cards I receive but love your idea of keeping one of your own to see how your style changes over the years

Sian said...

Yes, that's the way I feel about cards too. I try to keep up with sending them to friends I haven't seen in ages - because I like that chance to remake a connection at Christmas. My first time ever handmade card is going in my album - but your beautiful pages have me inspired to think about one for next year too, so I can have a collection!

Elizabeth said...

That is a great idea. I usually send all my cards and have none left over. This year, I made a few extra so I will save one.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love that you include a card in your Christmas album, Jacky. It's a great way to save your artwork and look back on it years from now. Love traditional colors of your album too! xo

Emily D. said...

I love your card. Definitely a wonderful way to have that memory of the cards you sent each year! Beautiful page!

Kazzle Dazzle said...

I love anything that is vintage, it looks great!

Melissa said...

This is perfect Jacky - I really like all the postage stamps & card verses as embellishments!

Sandra said...

Your album is looking amazing, the prompt couldn't have been better for you

Beverly said...

I do so love seeing all your Christmas card creations throughout the year, Jacky. This is a great JYC addition.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Good solution on the numbering Jacky. And a lovely, layered page. Haven't even ordered Christmas cards yet!
Rinda