Friday 1 April 2011

Mother's Day is almost here

Today's card is about as far removed from yesterday's canvas as is possible....opposite ends of the spectrum, me thinks!!!!
It's even a bit of a different card for me......no cute images at all......I was inspired by a card I saw in Simply Cards magazine.......and as the magazine was giving away the Craftwork Cards papers....I've used them as well.
This Sunday is Mother's Day in the UK......I know different countries have different dates.....ours is a moveable feast.......somehow connected to Easter......which is incredibly late this year.......and I can't remember the last time Mother's Day was in April.......the card is for my MIL who loves flowers.
The flowers are made from 4 different sized punched circles.......some of my circles were scalloped edge punches........but plain would be just as good........the circles were then scrunched up......very distressing for them.......the largest 3 were glued together......the smallest I added with a foam square.......then some card candy on the top.....and popped onto the card with some punched leaves.
I so enjoyed making the flowers.......I've started on a birthday card with all the extras I made.......think they would be great for scrapbook pages as well.
I've probably mentioned that white space tends to make me twitchy........I did think about 'filling' it.......but slapped my wrist and left it alone.....a good decision, I think!
And with it being Mothers Day....there's a few 'mum' challenges out there.....

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I'm sure your MIL will love it. :)

Elizabeth said...

What a lovely card! I like how delicate it is. Just the right card for Mothers Day.

Debs said...

This is so pretty - love the soft feel to it.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Jacky, love this card, its so elegant xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card, so elegant, lovely flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Christina said...

Woww this is just stunning Jacky! Looks so great dear!
Hugs Kristel

Alison said...

A beautiful card for Mother's Day Jackie...I'm afraid I just bought mine!
Alison xx

humel said...

So soft and pretty! And I'm glad you left the white space, definitely the right decision :-)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jacky, what a gorgeous card. I love your handmade flowers and the CAS layout is stunning. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

pinky said...

Gorgeous fresh card, love your flowers. You should enter this into Ladybug Crafts Ink as its handmade flowers this week.

Jane said...

what a beautiful card Jacky

Heather said...

gorgeous card Jacky & well done for not filling the white space :) xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. I love how you created the flowers from layered circles. Great way to use up paper and get more use from your punches. I love it! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great card!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad :)

Please come back mid week for another great post!

Maggie
xx

Jo said...

That is a beautiful card, I love the fresh colours

alexa said...

Well done on the wrist-slapping! Your white space allows the delicacy of those pretty flowers to shine ...

Rachel Brett said...

It's beautiful Jackey, I really love the handmade flowers :)

Flutterby Trina said...

very elegant! Thanks for playing along at Pear Tree Designs for our mother's day challenge! Good Luck xx

Poppit said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colours and the pretty punch border. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge!

Rhona said...

Love your card Jacky, it's so pretty and very delicate looking. Love the pinks :) xx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a sweet card ! Love your flowers ! Good luck !

Diane Louise J said...

You've made a beautiful card, your MIL will love it... I am going to have a go at making some of your flowers as they look so pretty.
Diane x

Nikki Byrne said...

This is beautiful, and perfect for our mother's day challenge here at OSAAT. Come back next time! Good luck. Nikki

Lou Mac said...

A very CAS card - so beautiful. Perfect colours for a Mother's Day card. Those handmade flowers are lovely with all of their layers!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs in our 'Mother's Day' challenge - good luck.

Lou Mac. xo

Susanne said...

Lovely card. It's lovely too to be back in class with you (BFS).

Love crafts forever said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us this week at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Susie said...

Gorgeous card Jacky, I love the handmade fowers and such pretty papers! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Very pretty card. Lovely, clean & classy. A beautiful keepsake. Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Gez.xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful! It seems like you're channeling Karen Walker for this card.
Rinda

Tracy said...

I love your flowers on this. Gorgeous creation Jacky.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

What a lovely card for a Mum! Thanks for joining in with us at Paper Play this week. I have a Magnolia stamp candy on my blog if you are interested :)
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

this is really beautiful love the soft colors on this,beautiful flowers too, bless you for joining us at creative inspirtaions,this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful, Jacky! I love it.