Saturday 27 March 2010

Home is where the heart is-Altered Art- possibly??

I thought there would be a flowers prompt in the 'Something from [almost] Nothing class........this is perfect for me.......I have to admit I've dozens of flowers.......though in mitigation........ I do use loads of them on my cards......you may have noticed.....but thought I'd do something different with this prompt.
I had a canvas waiting to be used in my stash.......so decided to make a piece for the wall.
I'm quite surprised by this....not pretty or cute at all!!!!! It might even be altered art.......sort of!!!!!
The flowers are mainly Prima ones I've had for ages......I like them......but whenever I've tried to use them.....they never seem to match......but work well on this, I think.
The 'HOME' chipboard letters were glossy flowered PM ones......don't know why I bought them......but remembered you could use alcohol inks on glossy stuff.....so they've been altered with oregano,mushroom and terracotta inks.......love them now.
The canvas was distressed with 'antique linen' and 'old photo' inks.....and the edges rubbed with gold and green metallic rub on.
The picket fence is a Magnolia stamp.....watercoloured....and cut out.
Used up some paper scraps and chipboard for the house....and stamped flowers on the roof.....then added dimensional sepia medium to them [looks far better in reality than on the photo]. Stamped Tim Holtz images on the house.
Used distress inks on the chipboard hearts........and the sepia medium round the edges.
The background papers are 7 Gypsies.
Even dug out some very old alphabet stamps for the writing.
And if you like altered art....have a look at this blog....she makes some wonderful stuff....has amusing posts.......designs for Craft Stamper....and has even been left a comment by the great Tim Holtz himself!!

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Jacky, that IS altered art and it is beautiful!!! Love all the flowers (and I must admit to have jars filled with them.) It's going to look lovely hanging on the wall. You are doing an amazing job with Shimelle's class.

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is absolutely fantabulous Jackie. I LOVE it.... Lauren x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Jacky ~ When I saw the picture of this piece in the forum I thought I was Rinda's for a second. Definitely "Altered Art" and I'm in awe that you have created such a wonderful piece. I love all the details, elements, layers, and colors! Great use of the flowers and canvas. Well done! :o)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Not surprisingly, I love this!!! Even though are styles are very different, I always knew there was an overlap.
It's great!
Rinda

Sian said...

This is gorgeous Jacky! All the attention to detail with the inking and layering really makes it something special. Fantastic!

Margi said...

I absolutely adore this page Jacky! All the flowers, the altered home, everything says "Margi"! LOL Great job sista!

Chocolate Mousie said...

I left this comment at Shimelle's, but I wanted to leave it here in case you missed it. I LOVVVEEE this! I'm going to steal this for a picture that I want to make and hang on the wall in my home. Thanks for the inspiration! This looks like something that can be found in Somerset Magazine. You should submit this to them. :)

Liberty :) said...

Absolutely fab!!!!!

SarahLP said...

It is totally amazing and fab! Had to chuckle about those Papermania glossy chipboard alphas.. I have the same ones and have never used them! But I LOVE your use of alcohol inks on them... now if I could just overcome my fear and TRY my alcohol inks..!

Denise said...

Jacky, this is gorgeous,I love altered art projects.I love Linda's blog too.Good idea to use this for the prompt it's amazing.

Amy said...

This is a combo Jacky/Rinda project! Well done, it is lovely and you have used some stash too :-)

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous.

Cherry said...

Wow! I love this Jacky - so much work and so worth it. A piece to be soooo proud of - what's next? Hugs Cherry XXX

Sarpreet said...

another gorgeous page

Kathyk said...

It's just SPLENDID Jacky

humel said...

I LOVE this! And thanks for the link x