Thursday 29 October 2009

Spots and Stripes Christmas mice

What a coincidence.....I'd just been sorting some SU christmas papers.....when I came across Papertake Weekly Challenge wanting spots and stripes......the papers were perfect......and so was the gorgeous layered sketch over on Stamp with Fun. These oh so cute xmas mice have been coloured with SU watercolour crayons.......the card and paper is all SU.......as are the stars and sentiment.......never made a card almost entirely with SU stuff before.
Have been tutoring a Knitting Workshop for parents and primary school pupils today......was a bit worried about how it would go.......but was great fun.......all very keen and now want to set up an after school knitting club........one dad came along and after 4 hours had just about got the hang of it.......though he was a bit concerned that his baby son 'will be about 20 by the time I've knitted this blanket for him'!!!!! Hopefully we'll get the after school club off the ground......as I've found a great knitted xmas tree for the kids to have a go at.

13 comments:

Ruth said...

All your cards are beautiful, mine always look like my toddler has done them, so I tend not to bother! See you in "class" next week!

pinky said...

Another great make Jacky, loving those papers and that cute stamp!! Where is it from Mrs, its just too cute. Well done on the knitting club, sounds great, I used to love knitting, both hand and machine!
Pinky

Jane said...

This is lovely!
Can't remember the last time I knitted....think i was a wee girl and my gran helped me!!
Jane
:0)

vix24 said...

Oh that card is so sweet!
I can never get mine to look right when I colour stamped images :(

Denise said...

What lovely cards - thank you for visiting my blog and see you in class !

Tracy said...

Lovely idea the knitting club, I loved knitting but can't do it anymore due to a clicking thing in my wrist which then seizes up. Love your card and that image is cute and coloured beautifully, fab papers.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Amy Pitts said...

Wow your cards are great I love the colors and the layouts. See you in class. :)

debs14 said...

Lovely cards, although it makes me feel guilty that I haven't started making any yet. There's still time. Right?!
The knitting club sounds fun, you must have SO much patience! I'd really love to get back into my knitting but I'm not sure there is anywhere local that sells wools any more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! Your cards are amazing - such a lot of wonderful detail in each one! Love your layering and how you colour your stamped images.

SarahLP

Kathyk said...

That's adorable - I ALWAYS love the selections of papers you put together Jacky.
Kathyk

Anonymous said...

sweet card !!!! love the image !!!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

humel said...

I soooo love looking at your cards Jacky! :-) (I also love your 'housework is evil' button lol!)

Spyder said...

Another lovely card Jackie, how can you part with them? (I have my favourites but sometimes they have to go too!)
((Lyn))