I make a December album each year....I love them......but what I keep forgeting to do is a christmas page for my annual album.
Last year I didn't take many photos on Christmas Day.....I had one I really liked....but it was actually a pretty poor photo [typical of my photos].....so it seemed a good idea to add an effect in PicMonkey.
I couldn't add the type of effects Jennifer had as you have to pay for those......so it had to be something simpler.
The original......I like how much is going on in it.....and who is in it.
After playing a bit.......I added a frost effect....which softened it....and made it look a bit vintage.
Rather than using christmas colours in my layout.....I decided to go for wintery,frosty colours......which suited the photo more.
I sort of wanted it to almost look like one of those old fashioned pictures where you're on the outside looking in......not sure if I've managed that!
I was lucky enough to win some of Jennifer's wood veneer scatters and die cuts on the Scrap 365 blog.....and they went perfectly on this layout.
The layout hasn't photographed very well....the softer colours in the photograph above it are much more true.