Sunday 26 October 2014

A bit of christmas cross stitch

I have a bit of a magazine addiction.....for most of the year this is kept pretty much in check......but in October and November....when all the christmas magazines are in the shops.....I tend to buy far too many.
Lots of the craft mags come with little 'freebies'.....which don't always get made up by christmas.....so I'm trying to catch up on some of last year's ones!!
This lovely set of tags came with 'Cross Stitcher' magazine last year.......there were 8 tags and 8 pieces of aida.....but once I started stitching I found there was enough thread for far more tags......so I cut some extra aida.....and just kept on stitching til I ran out of thread....and I've now got 16 tags that just need popping onto card!!

10 comments:

Karen said...

These are delightful, and sure to be appreciated! I still hang cross-stitched ornaments on our tree each year that were given to me by friends over 30 years ago.

Jane said...

you've made me want to dig out my mags and get stitching.

furrypig said...

they are gorgeous Jackie and will make some gorgeous Christmas cards I am sure xxx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

They are so sweet. What a bonus to be able to make double.

Kirsty.A said...

These look great. I share your Christmas magazine addiction

Barbara Eads said...

Those are darling! I'm just about ready to start some Christmas needlework. Soon.

Sandra said...

I'm with you 100% on the magazine addiction, only I don't manage to keep it in check during the year, but like you come this time it goes into overdrive.

What a lucky find you have there in last years magazines, these tags are fabulous. You did a great job. Is there anything you can't do and do in such a fabulous way :)

Melissa said...

How FUN - the tags & catching up with using some stash from the magazines. I tend to buy more magazines during the holidays, too.

Sian said...

Oh they are lovely! You know I'm exactly the same. Magazines are my downfall and this time of year is the worst. When I was little I used to look forward to my Mum getting a Christmas magazine because they had special offers for dolls in them and then she would follow the patterns to make a whole wardrobe of clothes as one of my presents. Christmas magazines are the best

debs14 said...

These are so lovely, what patience you have!