Thursday 12 June 2014

Using Graphic 45


For my post in Jennifer's 'Refresh your craft and soul' blog hop I made some cards using Graphic 45 'By the Sea' papers......and was interested to read that some commentators don't usually like Graphic 45 or don't get how to use it.....so I thought I'd show you a bit more Graphic 45 today.
I love Graphic 45 [especially for drooling over].......but I'm very picky about what I use.....I've seen some beautiful scrapbook pages on their blog but their papers tend to be too picture orientated and ornate for my scrapbooking style.....so it's very rare I use them for scrapbooking.
But I love them for cardmaking......this means I mainly buy their 8 x 8 pads......and even then I'm picky......because their pads are always themed.....some really beautiful ones just wouldn't fit into the themes that I card make for......and too much of the pad wouldn't be used.
The 'By the Sea' pad has already been nearly used up [I'm actually tempted to buy another one].....because there's so much I love in it......this card uses one of the picture pages cut up and layered.There's always at least one picture page which is almost a work of art in itself.
 Their papers are perfect for lots of layering......which I love.
 Although each range has a theme......there's so much variety within the pad
I love the vintage feel to all their papers.
So if you've avoided using Graphic 45 in the past....why not have a go now......here's a few 'I made earlier' that might also inspire you.





9 comments:

Kathyk said...

ALL totally FAB-u-LOUS, Jacky - you are the QUEEN of Graphic 45! and I LOVE your ability to layer everything so beautifully

Kathyk

Jane said...

I've never even heard of Graphic45 so thank you for bringing it to my attention

Helen Philipps said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous, Jackie! I love Graphic 45, just to look at as well as to use!
Happy weekend!
Helen xox

Barbara Eads said...

I love all of your cards. You definitely have a knack for layering!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a fantastic post Jackky. I love Graphic 45 because I find it so easy to use for card, tags and art journals. Not sure I've ever used it for scrapbooking.
Rinda

Sian said...

You are so good at bringing life to the images you choose with all the little bits you add. I did have some 12x12 sheets I got in a kit and I liked them but couldn't find a way of using them. The smaller size for card making is the perfect solution

Becky said...

I do really like your cards, but still can't see me buying Graphic 45 paper as I am really not a card maker and as you say, it is quite difficult paper to do a layout with! Doesn't stop me admiring your cards though :)

Melissa said...

I always enjoy all the layering on your cards!

Sandra said...

You really do make the most beautiful cards