Thursday 26 June 2014

By the Sea - altered box frame

At the boot fair last Sunday I picked up a few little treasures......including this box frame.....and although I like the quote in it......as soon as I saw it I had a little altered project in mind.
I'm getting near the end of my 'By the Sea' paper pack.......but I'd saved one of the 'picture' pages just for a project like this.
First the frame had to be painted......a little bit of metallic rub-on to distress the edges.....and then the picture cut to size.....and layered up with stamps and shells cut from the papers.....sadly the photo doesn't really show the 3D effect of it all......and taking a photo through glass doesn't do much for it either!! 
I then had great fun adding bunting.......real shells and glass beads and other beach flotsam....easy to collect when you live as near to the beach as I do.
Now to decide on a permanent home for it.

15 comments:

Lou said...

Cool. What a transformation x

Sheena said...

Wow x
What a complete change, love your "make over" x

Kathyk said...

A great makeover to an otherwise dull frame - love those marbles!

KAthyk

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Adorable, Jacky! I love it!!

Karen said...

This is just wonderful! I just put our sailboats, sea birds, and shells on the mantle this evening. I hope you find a great place to display this for the summer.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Love all the little additions in the bottom of the frame. The perfect use for those papers that are too good to cover up!

Sian said...

I'd say you'll have no shortage of offers for a permanent home for it. I think it's fantastic

Cheri said...

What a fabulous way to showcase one of your favorite paper lines! Great idea and well done.

alexa said...

Just brilliant! The paper itself is a gem, but you have really enhanced it with your additions - have you worked out where to put it yet? I hope it will be where lots of people get to see it and admire it :).

Lynne in NI said...

Woweee, that's what I call a transformation, it's beautiful!

Stephanie Gau t said...

That's lovely, Jacky!

Beverly said...

Love it, especially the hanging starfish and the rope and wood :)

Sinead said...

Gorgeous, I love it, it's really pretty! Well done :)

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely gorgeous project. Love the shade of blue you have painted the frame and the little treasures you have placed inside.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love this . . . speaks to the beach girl in me!
Rinda