Wednesday 13 March 2013

A final page

This is the third and final page I made at the Bloggers Crafting Weekend [though I did make some other things as well].....still using the SJ Crafts 'extended' kit.
I love this family portrait taken on Boxing Day......it's extremely rare we ever take family photos like this......so I'm so grateful we decided to take this one......the last ever one of all 4 generations of our family......the photo is going into a lovely frame I was given for Christmas.....but I wanted to make a page for my 2012 album as well.
The little metal sentiment embellishments are Making Memories ones I've had forever.....so I loved being able to finally find the perfect place for them.
Thankfully.....no more snow today.....the roads are clear......so DD2 will not have a 2 hour,5 mile trudge through freezing snow to get to work!!!

17 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

What a gorgeous family portrait Jackie. A treasured memory for years to come, I really must find a moment to do the same.
Thanks for your comment on my blog, it was a fab release right? How funny you are the other way around! I think it's the whole 2 needle thing for me that I struggle to get my head around. It felt like I didn't have enough hands and fingers. I can see how knitting provides a lot more opportunities with patterns though, so I hope to keep at it :)
Have a lovely week.
Katie x

Sarah said...

Such a lovely photo and your page shows it off perfectly! x

debs14 said...

What a great family photo and you've put it in such a lovely layout. A lovely momento.

Karen said...

A wonderful portrait, and that kit certainly did well for the weekend of scrapping. I think I finally ditched those metal embellishments from MM. You did find the perfect use for them.

Sian said...

So "final page" has a double resonance, then with that lovely family portrait. It's a special one.

Alison said...

There are so many memories attached to this page Jacky...and you really did make that kit work for you!
Alison xx

Elizabeth said...

It's a lovely family portrait and layout. Living generations may pass but the memories you captured will last forever.

Kathyk said...

FAB layout Jacky - looks like a lovely day

Sounds like you must have enjoyed your crafting retreat too

Kathyk

Sheena said...

Beautiful photo & a lovely Lo too x
Many thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

A very poignant photo, beautifully laid out x

Beverly said...

I smiled as soon as I saw the photo again. A beautiful layout for a most special family portrait. {{hugs}}

alexa said...

The monochrome photo is so beautifully set off by your band of grey and those pretty papers - and four generations! How special is that ...

Maria Ontiveros said...

Beautiful photo and perfect layout for it. I'm so glad you got that portrait.
Rinda

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhhh what a gorgeous page Jacky, that photo is definitely one to treasure. LOVE all your embellies and great LO too :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo Jacky and the layout is perfect for it. I'm really liking those metal accents, glad you finally found a place for them.

Becky said...

A lovely photo and wonderful layout to compliment it :-)

Sandra said...

What a treasure that is :) beautiful