Monday 17 September 2012

Monaco magic??

The last place we visited on our cruise was Monaco.
Actually......Monaco wasn't one of my favourite places........but I seem to have taken a lot of photos there.......and made quite a few pages........and that's without scrapping all the photos!!
We took a coach trip there......though coaches aren't allowed to park in Monaco.......they have to park underneath it!!
We spent the first part of our visit in the 'old town' which we did enjoy.......the palace,the cathedral,the museum,lots of greenery and more.....and no new building is allowed there.....unlike everywhere else.  
[I do wonder why I can't ever write straight]
The cathedral is fascinating........from the outside it looks newly built......despite being 135 years old.......due to the stone it was built with.......that gets whiter with age......and is cleaned by the rain.......I think every building should be built with this magical stuff!!!!
The inside is full of beautiful religious paintings and artifacts.......and all the royal family are buried there.
After a couple of hours here......it was back on the coach......and off to another underground car park.....in Monte Carlo this time.

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Another couple of fab layouts - you've visited some super places lately.

Happy Monday/Tuesday to you Jacky

Kathyk

Elizabeth said...

I always pictured Monaco as glitzy with rich and famous people all around. Lots of gambling going on, too.

Amy said...

I can't write straight to save myself! Great layouts Jacky.

Sian said...

Fab pages Jacky..we felt the same way about Monaco. Because of the F1 we had been really looking forward to it, but it wasn't our kind of town at all

Maria Ontiveros said...

Good for you on keeping up the picture taking at least. I find that I have very few pictures from wherever our last place to visit is!
Rinda

Becky said...

Great layouts! I particularly like the second one.