Sunday 22 April 2012

Disney or Decay - Welcome to Tunis

A strange title for a scrapbook page.....but pretty apt.....at Tunis harbour you're greeted by a large newly built medieval fort.....complete with medieval guards......and wander through a passport control that appears to be part of a castle. You've got to believe you're in Disney World.....or else you've popped some very hallucinogenic drugs!!
But once you get beyond the fort......Tunis seems very much in a state of decay......it really is a case of extremes.
Shimelle's Challenge 8 was to 'use one stamp'.........I have plenty of stamps........but I rarely use them on scrapbook pages.......yet many of them would be perfect for scrapbooking.......particularly the flourish stamp I used on this page....which matched really well with the papers as well.
In fact I'm so determined to use my stamps more for scrapbooking that I've signed up for a 2Peas class 'The Scrapbook Stampers Workshop'......so there should be a lot more stamping on my pages in future!!

13 comments:

Amy said...

That's fascinating Jacky - great paper choices for your layout too!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Awesome title & awesome LO!! :D

Alison said...

Great LO..looking forward to seeing more stamping on your LOs!
Alison xx

Karen said...

In a way that situation is kind of sad. One wonders what they might have done to better use the money that was spent on the new Medieval castle! It's a lovely page, great colors for your subject. I'm trying to use more stamps on my layouts as well.

Emily D. said...

The story with the photos is interesting... and like Karen said, kind of sad. I do love your page though... you did a wonderful job.

Jane said...

look forward to seeing you use your stamps more, that class will certainly give you ideas.

Sian said...

I love the page and the pictures - Tunis was definitely a favourite stop for me. One day I'll go back

catherine said...

Fantastic page Jacky and the colours go so well. Love the story behind the pics.
x catherine

pinky said...

Brilliant title Jacky, love your colours and love the idea of stamping on your layout.

Denise said...

Never been there myself,but that's what scrapbooking's all about isn't it? Great title and lovely page to look back on x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that new class. We just booked our plane and accommodations for Barcelona!
Rinda

Anonymous said...

Fabulous title for a page and what a page it is too. Love it x

Gem's Crafts said...

Fab LO, and love those swirly stamps :)