Monday 14 November 2011

Blogging Friends.......and meeting KathyK

I realised when I had no computer.....how much I missed my blogging friends.....reading all your blogs.....seeing what you were doing and making.....reading your comments on my own blog.
This summer I was lucky enough to meet up with 2 of my bloggy friends......I've already blogged about my fun meeting with Rinda........and during my holiday I also managed to meet up with the lovely KathyK.......so I'm really pleased to have a 'Kathy' page for my holiday album. 
It was cold and blowing a gale......in a little town that certainly didn't live up to expectations.....with a craft shop that even 2 avid crafters found difficult to find anything to buy in!!!!! But we still had a lovely afternoon chatting and eating cake......when we weren't being blown away!!!!
Another page using only patterned paper.......this is something I never did before Shimelle's class.......and I'm so pleased to be using up this K & Co paper......I've used a lot of it in this album.......and I'd previously found it difficult to use......even though I still like it.

13 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

This turned out great. I admit to being flummoxed by the "stacking" prompt, but you've done so well with it! I think it's all about porportions - your title is just the right size. So glad to have you back - I know I said that yesterday but seeing you back two days in a row makes me realize how much I missed your happy posts!
Rinda

Kathyk said...

Hmm, I think Kate Winslet perfected that movement!! Lovely layout, Jacky and great to have you back and blogging. It was fun to meet up with you - where are you vacationing NEXT year and will we get to do it all again?

Happy Monday

Kathyk

Craftyrose said...

Lovely page Jacky and gosh you certainkly did pick a very windy day! Thanks for the heads up or heads down about Burnhams craft shopping! I won't be dragging hubby there any time soon then!

Sian said...

Brilliant! It's great to see you enjoying yourself with a blog friend. Here's to blog friends all over the place, because it's not really blogging if you are just talking to yourself is it? :).

Alison said...

Like how you used those papers....how lucky to have met TWO blog friends this year!
Alison xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Lovely page Jacky, great to see you and Kathy together.
Katie x

Unknown said...

Lovely page of your and Kathy... yes it does show it was blowing so hard over there xx

pinky said...

Love your page. You are definitely giving me incentive to start scrapping again Jacky.

Amy said...

Yes, that does look like a Titanic moment! It is so fabulous you were able to catch up with blog friends this year!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Aw, I love this layout, Jacky, and the fact that you got to meet another blogging friend. It's the best! The photo of you and KathyK is so cute - looks like you two had some fun together. :o)

Beverly said...

Photo is too funny! Less focused shopping probably meant even better conversations so maybe the lack of inspiring merchandise was a good thing ;)

alexa said...

This looks wonderful - I love the way you've done your journalling so it looks as if the words are being swept away by that wind!

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I can see why you liked the paper. Great that you met up with not 1 but 2 blogging friends.