Wednesday 11 August 2010

Mixing with the Rich and Famous

Well......we didn't actually meet any of the rich and famous.....but apparently St Raphael on the Cote D'Azur is one of their hangouts.

The French Riviera ports are too small for Cruise liners.......we had to go ashore by tender.....I really like these 2 photos of them.......taken very early in the morning.
A small market was on the quayside selling all sorts of 'touristy' bits.......at far more reasonable prices than anywhere in Italy........even though it was the 'chic' part of France!!
Lots of people enjoying the beach.
Interesting buildings tucked away in little streets and squares.
A very pretty little town which we enjoyed wandering around.......even if we aren't rich and famous!!!!!!
Oh......and if like me you're a Shimelle groupie......there's an online crop all weekend at her website........challenges, prizes and goodies galore!!

10 comments:

Sian said...

I love the look of that market. We didn't get to St Raphael, I think it was St Tropez for us - and we stayed on the boat that day.

Becky said...

I love the Cote D'Azure - we have spent many a happy holiday staying near St Tropez but have not been into St Raphael. Love your pictures - the ones of the market are so evocative.

Kathyk said...

LOVELY photos Jacky - particularly loving the sort of sunset-y ones, the very thing I love to do too!

Kathyk

Tracy said...

Your photo's look gorgeous and really show the views to their best. What a lovely place.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I agree - the market shots are great! May pop by shimelle's crop once we get back from vacation. I took a cruise once on Lake Como and kept waiting to see famous people!
Rinda

Elizabeth said...

I like the photos of the water! You must have a great camera because your photos are awesome.

debs14 said...

I've never been to that part of France, but having seen your photos, it may have to go on my 'to do' list! The only French towns I have seen are Calais and Paris, I obviously need to go further South!
I'm sure Brad Pitt was there ... somewhere ....

Amy said...

Beautiful, gorgeous .... can I get there now?????

Denise said...

What a lovely place to wander around,makes me want to go- great photos x

humel said...

We stayed on the beach at St Raphael too - another day for the kids - looks like we missed a really pretty little town! xx