Wednesday 24 February 2010

'Old Skool Stash Scrap' Blog Hop

Welcome to the 'Old Skool Stash Scrap' blog hop......where Kate has challenged us to make a layout using the oldest stash we can find......sadly I have to admit to having far too much of that.......think the problem sometimes is, if you don't use it for a while, you go off it, and then you don't want to use it!!!!
I decided to use some old photos to go with the old stash.........DD1's first ever Sports Day.....in the back garden of her little nursery school.
The green card I've had for a couple of years.....has a pearl effect which I'm not too keen on.......but the floral and striped card behind the photos I've had since my very early scrapping days.......and I also cut out some of the flowers from the paper to dot round the edges of the page.........the paper letters in the title are at least 5 years old.....and now I've actually opened the pack I think I may use them!! The background 'writing' paper is [I think] from an old K & Co pack.
And although I probably wouldn't have chosen these papers........I do like the finished page......and glad they've finally seen the light of day.
This is the sketch I used.......and as you can see......I used a bit less 'white space' than I should have!!!!!!
Please do go and have a look at the wonderful pages that everyone else on the blog hop has come up with......starting with Choccys.
If you get lost.........here's all the other participants
Have a fun hop around.

16 comments:

Liberty :) said...

Thanks for playing! This is a FAB page! It doesn't look old stock at all!!!

Choccy said...

What a beautiful page... Oooh the days where it was ok to photograph your children at school :O) Well Done on finally scrapping DDs sports day with such beautiful elements that all come together so well.
Just goes to show us all that new is not necessarily better !!
Choccy x

humel said...

Fab page, and the way you've put it all together brings it right up to date :-)

Sian said...

That's a really good sketch, and your page doesn't look "old" at all! It looks great. I signed up for the photography class too :)

Cal said...

The papers match the photos perfectly on this layout! I think its great!

Cheri said...

great use of "old"er stash! I could easily find stuff that it ten years old if I were to play along! Love the sketch you used.

Elizabeth said...

You must have a nice stash because the layout looks terrific!

pinky said...

Isn't it funny how we love everyone elses OLD stash but not our own lol. This layout has turned out beautifully and really reflects the feelings of the day Jacky.
Pinky

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a terrific idea for a blog hop! I"ll definitely go check out the other blogs. So interesting to see that all kids do the same things - in all different countries and different decades!
Rinda

furrypig said...

I love the stripey paper and the floral stuff! It's a great LO and a good sketch too!

Kathyk said...

Great sketch and great stash too. Loving the layout Jacky

Betty said...

Great job giving new life to old product... I am visiting from LOAD and getting inspired for today's challenge there :)

Jane said...

what a great challenge and I recognise some of that stash, might have to get it out now!

K said...

Loving the papers you've used & how you've put them together.

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous card - just discoverd your blog and have become a follower

Anonymous said...

I love how your photos take center-stage in this layout. It's a great sketch and I like yours a lot.