Wednesday 17 February 2010

Delicious homemade ice cream.

It's a freezing cold day.......so what am I doing......making ice cream!! Partly because it's so delicious.........but mainly because Tesco were selling off large tubs of cream for 25p........and as the only other ingredients needed are icing sugar and eggs.......this makes it a very cheap treat.

Vanilla Ice Cream
  1. 4 oz sifted icing sugar
  2. 1/2 pint double cream
  3. few drops vanilla essence
  4. 4 eggs seperated
Whisk the egg yolks.
Whisk egg whites til stiff, then whisk in icing sugar a little at a time.
Whisk cream til forms soft peaks, then fold into meringue mixture with the egg yolks and vanilla essence.
This amount will just about squeeze into a Carte D'or ice cream container.

I love this recipe cause apart from it being the most deliciously creamy ice cream......it's so simple to make....no messing about taking out of the freezer to re-beat.
Make it........Freeze it.....Eat it
Possibly all on the same day!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks yummy - I have never tried to make ice-cream - might have to try it!

Anonymous said...

Homemade ice cream looks great at any time of year!

Lauren Hatwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, Home made ice cream is yummy. I'll have to try this one Jackie. I usually make my icecream using a home made custard as the base. This looks yummy! Slurp....smack....dribble.... ooops, sorry about that :oD Lx

Sian said...

Jacky, you have made my day! My Grandma used to make this when we visited and I have been looking for a recipe for years. I'm sure this is it! Thank you x

debs14 said...

OOooohhhh yummy!
I didn't realise it was so easy to make. Why has no one told me this before?!

Jane said...

will definitely be having a go at that it sounds yummy.

Unknown said...

looks so yummy but so cold for ice cream he he :)

Elizabeth said...

I've never made ice cream, but I would be more than happy to sample yours! Looks delicious.

Maria Ontiveros said...

That looks fabulous!!!
What is "icing sugar"? I've seen it now in several UK recipes and have been meaning to ask. Is it regular sugar? Powdered sugar? Something else?
Rinda

pinky said...

Looks yummy jacky, just throw a handful of nuts and choc drops and I'm over there lol.
Pinky

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Yummy, yummy, this looks gorgeous! Ooh i'm hungry now! xx

Amy said...

What a great recipe - thanks for sharing it Jacky ... it sound so simple and looks delicious!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Ooooooooh! I have to try this out!
Thanks jacky!
Hugs
Nicola

humel said...

That does sound fab :-) Not suitable for The Boy though (he can't eat raw eggs) - all the more for me, heh heh.... Thanks for sharing! x

Clare Lloyd said...

yummy looking icecream! Any left for me?? ClareX

JO SOWERBY said...

ooh can u add fruit to make ripple do u think?
Jo xxx