Thursday 14 January 2010

A 'scrapped' story book for my niece.

I've made this book for my niece.....it is the story of how she overcame her fear of dogs......I wanted to make it a story she could read rather than just photos or a scrapbook page.




I used an old children's board book.......sanded and painted with acrylic paint.......an assortment of scraps of decorative papers.......some flowers and hearts......and I love the 2 quotes.......which are printed on vellum. The flowers on the front cover were made with clay and then painted.
Click on the pictures to enlarge and read.
Finally today the snow has gone........a massive downpour has washed it all away!!!! Just a few lethal icy patches left on pavements.......hopefully gone by tomorrow.

10 comments:

humel said...

Brilliant - *love* it!! :-) Such a clever idea, and beautifully done xx

furrypig said...

great book I bought a board book to try and do something similar ages ago so has reminded me to give it a go thank you!

Amy said...

What a great idea - never thought of re-purposing a book like that!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh, what a sweet, sweet topic. I'm sue it will be a family treasure.
Rinda

Jane said...

what a lovely idea, it's gorgeous.

Sian said...

Fantastic idea and so beautifully done. Jacky, I'm sure she'll remember this for years to come.

Unknown said...

Aww that is a super story and a great idea. I'm sure she will treasure this.

Gemma* said...

i had a storybook with my name in it when i was little, i loved it :D a scrapped storybooks a great idea!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet book! I'm sure it will be looked at and read quite often.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea, Jacky! I often look at my sons' board books and think how they could almost be chipboard mini-albums... I love the colours you used, and what a lovely way to record the memories.

SarahLP x