Wednesday 20 January 2010

Return to Scrapping - Cornwall holiday pages

The last 3 months of last year I did almost no scrapping.........even my holiday photos didn't inspire me.........Mr Mojo was definately on holiday........so I concentrated on making cards and presents...........but suddenly I am full of enthusiasm again.........don't know if it was 'Journal Your Christmas'......or being stuck indoors for 2 weeks in the snow.........but during the past 3 weeks I've done more scrapping than in the past 3 months.......and now I'm really enjoying making my holiday scrapbook.
Perhaps you just need a break sometimes......do you ever find your enthusiasm just ups and walks out?


We spent a week in Cornwall in September..........and walked miles and miles........mainly up and down hills.....as my knees reminded me for weeks afterwards......but it is such a stunning part of the country.........and there were always the cream teas to reward ourselves with!!This was our walk along the Camel Trail at Bodmin.

18 comments:

furrypig said...

I really love the tones of colours you have used and well done on finding your scrapping mojo! PS did u see you had won some blog candy??

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the green and brown together - you really get the "country" feel. Also love the leaf element in the upper right hand corner. Nice to see this side of your creative spirit!
Rinda

Tracy said...

You do some beautiful scrapbook pages Jacky, these are fab. Looked like a great holiday.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Giò said...

Beautiful LO both!! I like so much the photos and the color combo.

Hugs
Giò

furrypig said...

sorry I meant to say it was the crafty candy from heart and home xxx

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I just love the beautiful photos. Nice work!

Liberty :) said...

yep mine has kind of vanished! Love these pages, they are gorge!

Unknown said...

oh this is brill, love the colours, cornwall is lovely, we go to mevagissey for one week in nov each year, i love it down there

xx

humel said...

YES I find that!! Sometimes switching from one type of craft to another does the trick, and sometimes I just need a bit of a break altogether. It never lasts long :-) Great to see lots of your layouts, they're as beautiful as your cards x

Kathyk said...

Some smashing piccies and a couple of really nice layouts. Good to see your mojo's vacation was worth waiting for! My mojo disappears every now and again - thankfully I think it only takes short breaks!!
Happy Thursday
Kathyk

Sian said...

Yes, my creative energy disappears completely and then reappears just as I'm getting to the panicky stage! A break is good. Beautiful greean and brown country look going on here Jacky.

Amy said...

Yes ... I think you know I have a big case of the 'can't be botherds'- I'm sure it will change again soon!

Jane said...

glad your mojo has returned, I love looking at what you've done.

Jane said...

These are lovely pages!

We are just about to book a holiday in Cornwall for the summer...looks good!

Anonymous said...

Love the natural papers/colors you chose for your lovely layouts. I really go in cycles with scrapbooking. I did a huge album in August and September and then almost nothing until Journal Your Christmas. I'm just getting into it again now! Card making always seems easier.

Anonymous said...

I think it must be the time of year, too much rushing round getting ready for Christmas. Good to see sister in law got lots of exercise in between the cream teas!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages Jacky! I know what you mean, sometimes I just stare and stare at my stash and.. well, nothing happens! You've been super-productive here though - well done!

SarahLP x

Kathyk said...

I'm almost sure that I left a comment somewhere about your photos Jacky and the interesting idea of having your "victims" walking away from you and giving it a very different look - blowed if I can remember where I put it though - DOH!
Kathyk