- 100gms [4 oz] milk or plain choc
- 100 gms [4 oz] melted butter
- 450 gms [1 lb] icing sugar [or see below]
- 45 mls [3 tbsp] milk
- a few drops vanilla essence
- Greased 20 x 15 cm [8 x 6] tin
- Melt the choc
- Add melted butter,sugar,essence and milk
- Mix well
- Heat on high for 3-4 mins beating well every minute [beware - gets very hot]
- When mixture starts to set round edges and becomes thicker, pour into greased tin
- Allow to set for awhile before marking squares
- When completely cold and set remove from tin carefully as very crumbly
- Try to keep some for Christmas Day
There's also a lovely choc and cherry fudge recipe over on Sian's blog.
Today it's baking day.........semolina biscuits [have been making these since I was a child]........ and cranberry bars........so better get on.