Monday 29 June 2009

60's Flower Power

Yesterday I went to Dunhelm Mill to get a new duvet cover and on the way back couldn't resist popping into ESK wharehouse to see if they had any Fiskars trimmer blades [which seem to be like gold dust at the moment]...of course they didn't have any,but I did manage to get some Memento black ink for £3.25......and then I saw this kit....now I don't normally look at card kits....but as a child of the 60s I just couldn't resist this flower power VW Beetle [and matching Vespa scooter].....along with the VW Camper Van,the Beetle is an iconic symbol of the 60s.....it transported me back to my childhood and I just loved it......had to have it.....and came straight home and made these 2 cards. I used the images and backing papers from the kit.....cut out some extra flowers from the papers to embellish......and used some DCWV card to mat and layer......and I still love it!!!
My birthday today....went out with OH Saturday evening as he's now in Belgium.....work this afternoon......then my 2 DDs are going to cook me a meal tonight
Many thanks to all those bloggers and bubblers who sent me gorgeous cards.
Peace and love to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Cherry said...

Wonderful cards, Jacky, so fun and funky. Happy Birthday and have a wonderful day. XXX

SallyB said...

Happy Birthday Jacky...these cards are so bold and funky...very exciting to look at..Good Choice!!!
Your birthday card is in the post and looks very wishy washy compared to your two cards.. Enjoy all the fuss and the meal with your family!!.

Samantha Mellor said...

Lovely nice and bright cards.
Flower power girlfriend.LOL!!
Hugs SamXX

pinky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKY hope you have a lovely day with the girls. These cards are so brill, very bright and flowery just love them. Peace and love to you too.
Pinky

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Jacky Happy birthday hope you have a wonderful day, lovely cards you have made too love the bright colours. Enjoy your day!!!! and can't wait to see pictures of all your birthday cards like Sally b's mine is quite pale next to these cards, enjoy your familys meal

Mayjasper said...

Happy Birthday Jacky! You can feel your passion coming through the cards, fab choice and fab cards.
Best wishes
Mayjasper

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Jacky hope its a brill day for you, these cards are so much fun & yes I remember these times too..

Christine xx

pinky said...

Point me in the direction of Fairy Doodle Stamps!!! Glad you got the card and hope the images are ok, if you used pens or watercolours watch for bleeding. Need to invest in some good stamping card.
Pinky

Stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jacky - hope you had a fantastic day, you deserve it!

Gorgeous card - I love all the bright colours :)

Big hugs
Stephanie xxx

Tab said...

Wowee fab cards love the colours, just gorgeous!
Hugs Tab xxx

Stephanie said...

Hi Jacky - my Magnolia summer kit has arrived - has yours? Thanks so much for telling me about it :) Hugs, love Steph xxx

Cazzy said...

Those cards are great fun, my era too!

Thanks for visiting my blog from the Craftbubble link.

Cazzy x

Craftyrose said...

Hope you had a fab day Jacky! Loving these cards!! xx